1.23.2012

perspective

kennedy had mini cheer tonight. my wonderful mom took her and the babies to go watch her practice. i got off of work late and got there around 7:30. i walked in sat next to my mom with the chick-fil-a to keep the babies entertained and looked around for kennedy. instantly the cutest little girl stood out to me- i noticed she had a prosthetic leg. and i smiled- it humbled me. then i noticed her arms were short and she couldn't reach far enough to even touch her face. and there she was dancing and cheering like all of the other girls. she was so happy to be there and to be dancing. i looked at my mom and started crying. sobbing crying. it makes my heart so sad even now to think of the difficulties she is going to face. it's not fair for a darling little girl to have to go through that. i wanted to take that hurt away from her. kids are so mean. i noticed girls staring- but it didn't phase her.  it hurts my heart to know what she is going to face in her life. and then my kennedy, looks at her and smiles and at the end gives her a high five. after cheer, i thanked kennedy for being so friendly and nice to that sweet girl. she looked at me and said- 'ya mom :) '  i have been so immensly blessed to have such amazing babies. i couldn't be more proud of my little girl. she is going to do amazing things