6.18.2012

why i love my dad

my dad has always been someone i look up to. he has always worked so hard for everything he has. there isn't one thing he has that he isn't grateful for. i have never seen anyone take such good care of his things than him. he loves my kids. growing up i didn't see my grandparents much. i don't know what it's like to have the love of a grandpa. seeing him with my kids melts my heart. he teases jagger so much but i know jags secretly loves it. he would do anything for any of us. and i couldn't love him more for everything that he has taught me. he will never see this- i don't think he even knows i have a blog? ha! but if he does,


dad,
i want you to know how much you mean to me. you have a special place in my heart and i love you so much for every little thing you have ever taught me. i will always remember being little and us playing and if we got you off the bed you would take us to 7-11 for a candy. or the 7-11 runs for a slurpee. it's the little things that mean so much. we were always scared of you more than mom for whatever reason ;) we would never want to get in trouble with you. i don't know what the difference between you and mom getting mad at us. when you would bite your hand and make that aunt lorie face we knew we were in trouble and did what we needed to be better.
i loved you at my wedding. i wasn't expecting you to make that speech at the rehearsal dinner. it melted my heart. my only regret at my wedding is that we don't have that on film. i loved how we danced. down the aisle and then for the daddy daughter dance. we danced i cried and then we both laughed because the song was way too long and it was so hot!!
thank you for everything you have ever done for me and my little family.
i have never done anything but try and make you proud.
i really have the best dad. ever.
my siblings would agree ;)
love-
chels