7.22.2012

karma

yesterday i went to smiths by our house to pick up a couple of things for a bbq at my inlaws. i ran in while my brother, sister, and hubs waited outside. i did the self check out and knew one of the kids that was working there so we started talking- i finished paying and walked out of the store with 2 bags and a watermelon in hand. i put the bags in the car buckled up and drove off out to the bbq. 30 seconds into driving i realized i didn't have my phone and told my brother to call it. the second he said it went straight to voicemail i knew i had left it at the store and someone had stolen it. i flipped around and drove back to the store. i was gone no longer than 5 minutes. i ran back inside and asked the kid that i knew if he saw who put the basket that i had away. he said he didn't know- and asked some other kid. bahhhh i was so pissed at that point because i knew it was gone. smiths has security cameras and told me the only way they can look at them is to call the cops and file a report. so i did. the cop got there and went and watched the security cameras. i know that my phone was in the basket and i just got distracted talking to the kid and forgot to grab it out. on the video you can see me ringing up my groceries and then putting the basket on the floor. i leave and then a couple seconds later someone else that works there picks up the basket and since the video is so grainy and quality is awful you can't even see inside the basket. either the kids that work there took it or he really put the basket back and the next customer that walked in and picked a basket up scored a brand new iphone. whoever it was knew what they were doing because they turned it right off.

i'm not even that mad about having to get a new phone. i'm so sick to my stomach knowing all of my thousand pictures of my kids are just gone.  i cried 4 times over it yesterday. i just don't get it. i have never stolen anything in my life and i would never take someones personal phone with all of their stuff on  it. my life was literally in that phone. every phone number, picture, all of our new house information, and everything else.

all i can hope is that the asshole who took it either tries to pawn it for their next tweaker fix and the pawn shop gets the serial number off of it and i get it back. or i can find the ad on ksl. i know that's wishful thinking but i've got to think positive somewhat to keep me from freaking out again.

i hate people who think that it's ok to steal from others. it's not. i hope karma will come around and they will get what's coming to them.

eff. my. life
again.