8.06.2012

bear lake

bear lake is one of my favorite places to go. we usually try and go every year but i swear summer flies by and by time we get around to going school has already started. we went last minute- the hubs decided to surprise me and tell me we really were going to go when i thought we had both said we weren't. we went up with our friends who have a house up there. it's so nice to be away and yet have it be civilized so you can go out and eat or, our fave, go get shakes ;)

i loved getting away from real life even if it was just for a day or two. my sweet mom even said ry and i needed some time away so she watched the babes for us.

we got there late friday night, watched the olympics for hours and then went to bed. adam woke us all up at 6:30 on saturday morning to go boating. we stayed out on the lake and beach until 8 at night. everyone got so much sun, and me who actually tried- just left with a pink nose and white stripe across my forehead from my headband {stuuupid bangs}

we ate tons of yummy food and laid outside and looked at the gorgeous sky. the stars up there are ahuhmazing. i could lay outside all night long. there were even fireworks since it was their raspberry days!

i think we're going back in a couple of weeks before teen starts school. ugh. second grade. what the?



ranie and kate :)
i love these girls so much. they're the best

we kept laughing because we were so freaken cold.
i think i kept that blanket around me until it was 10.



the sunrise was gorgeous.
i'm not a morning person. i can't even remember the last time i was up before 7.
getting up by 6 was so worth it to see this.


ranie has a private beach just down the road from their house.
i was so proud i walked clear out until i couldn't see my feet anymore.
huge.accomplishment.
my biggest fear is the lake.
or the ocean.
or any body of water that i have no idea what lurks beneath.
ugh. creeps me out.


this is usually the face i get from him ;)
man i love him.

when ry and i first started dating we would go boating all the time.
i looked back and took this picture.
it reminds me so much of how much i love this guy.
mmmmm. love.love