8.23.2012

cold sores. ugh

fever blisters/cold sores/whatever.
whatever they are they're disgusting.
i had never had one until i went to lake powell with ryan.
we were in the sun literally all day and the next morning i felt a ltitle bump, didn't think anything of it,
and then the day after that it turned on me.
a nasty sore on my lip.
it hurt
and it took so freaken long to go away.

i've had a couple since i got my first one years ago at powell.
then my amazing sister told me that her dental office  lasers the cold sores right off.
whhaaaat?
where had she been all my life?
well with that info at least.

i started to feel a little bump and thought to myself-  i need to go see dr. rob.
i waited a day and it got bigger and i felt another freaken bump.
she got me right in,
and 10 minutes later i was out of there. it really is the easiest procedure ever.
i laid down in their comfy massage patient chairs {perfect}
and he took the laser and just ran it over my lip a couple times.
i felt no pain at all. it was more relaxing than anything else.
the best part?
$10
that's it!!
whether you have insurance or not the co-pay is just $10
the second little bump was gone the next day- it never got bigger or anything once it was lasered.
the one i waited too long on took about 2 days to be totally gone, BUT it didn't get all gross 'sore' like
best ten bucks i could have ever spent.
if you get cold sores or fever blisters go see dr. rob. he really is the best!!

oh- and no cavities this time!! whooop whoooop!
{ compared to last time when i went and had 9 }


any dental needs go see him! and tell him i referred you. i get $50 ;)

801.944.9494
7138 S. Highland Drive


 

before i went in. the one on the left started to get all big and gross
the little bump on the right never got to the gross point
then after!! this picture was 2 days later they were totally gone!




plus you get to see my sister work her willy wonka glasses. mmm get it gurl